
So we finally got our new computers - of course initially they didn't work because all the high tech stuff wasn't quite compatible with our 2 year old monitors and we had to take them back so they could adjust the resolution ( don't ask me I just work here). Then came all the down loading crap and transferring crap and re-loading crap and now nothing works the way it used to!
I've had 3 days of installing/uninstalling/cleaning/erasing/deleting/and using go back and every other damn thing...Should have bought the special cable and done a transfer or what I wanted to do and get an external hard drive and just copy everything from the old computer to the new one....tinker tinker tinker - I AM not enjoying this!
But these new computers are super fast, super quiet (we got these expensive Antec cases) - everything is total top of the line except the video card since we don't do any of that gaming stuff we saved some bucks by getting the SECOND best graphics/video - whatever card. I don't know jack about hardware. I do know 1 gig of ram is nice...we got 160 gig hard drives - the next size up is 300 - but the jump in price was also big - I had a 70 gig hard drive in my old computer and was using like 1/3 of it - sometimes bigger ain't better - if you don't use it why pay for it?
It's been so frustrating anyway getting this thing how I want and already I'm being told by Norton that I have missing files and the guys who made this thing made the identity "Valued Customer" and I can't change it because it is a Windows file that can't be altered...oh yeah, did I say these were costum made by CompUSA - not the easiest experience but we got exactly what we wanted - none of the pre-made computers had all the stuff we wanted - in the good old days no matter who you bought a computer from it was all custom - now if you want something left off and something else put on, it's gonna cost ya...
oh well - every time I turn this thing on it's a new adventure - I'm getting too old for adventures
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.