Oct 7, 2008

Sleep

I don't fall sleep easily at night but during the day I can put my little keppie down any time and I am happily off to the land of Nod. Does that qualify as insomnia? I don't think so. Being a night person is not the same as being an insomniac. All you night owls out there - do you have any problem sleeping during the day?

Most of the time I simply do not want to go to sleep - I don't like to sleep at night - I don't want to go to bed - I'll be falling over my own feet, swaying in my chair, eye lids heavy and in my head I hear myself saying "I don't want to go to bed". I want to be awake at night and sleep during the day -

Last night I went to bed early (midnight) and fell asleep rather quickly, which is unusual, slept right through till 5:30 am when I woke for a bathroom break and went right back to sleep until 9 AM! I rarely ever sleep that late, regardless of what time I went to sleep the night before. I can fall asleep at 3 am and still be up by 7 am - not because there is an alarm going off or because I HAVE to, I just usually am. Years of habit; getting up at a particular time to go to work etc.

Some nights pain keeps me awake, but for the most part it is this voice in my head saying "I don't want to go to sleep, I don't want to go to bed" - And here it is 3:15 pm and I so want to lie down and sleep - can't keep my eyes open - yawning - but I had a good 8 or 9 hours of sleep last night -

Why is sleeping better during the day than at night?

I think I'll go take that nap now...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't sleep during the day - kind of poor form to fall asleep at my desk, especially when I'm the president of the company! LOL

Before I went back to work I found that taking a nap would throw my internal clock off kilter and I'd be awake half the night and feeling like a zombie the next day.

My prob until recently has been getting involved in watching something on the History Channel at night on the tv in the bedroom and forcing myself to stay awake until it's over. I end up running on adrenaline, and it's zombie city again the next morning. Now I keep the TV off when I climb in the beddybye, and just read a book for a few minutes - no trouble going to sleep quickly ... and staying asleep.

Tylenol PM or Aleeve keep the ouchies at bay at night for the most part for me.

Italiana >^..^<

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Well, perhaps you are a day sleeper. Some folks would rather sleep during the day than at night. Could be. What ever the case you certainly got a great nights sleep last night. Have a great day sweetie. :)

Broadway Matron said...

If the time ever comes when I am living alone again and not working I will definitely follow my natural life cycle - Sleep during the day, up and busy during the night...

Anonymous said...

I was always the night owl... and went for days on a few hours sleep a night.
Today - I am up when the sun comes up... and by 2-3 in the afternoon I am crashing and if I can - take a nap. I was never a nap person - it always threw my body off. By 11PM just about the time I need to sleep - my DH wants to put in a DVD and I struggle to stay awake. So I fight the eyes closing to watch a movie and still miss the last 45 minutes of it. Can't recall the last time I saw a movie to the end..... missed so many good flix.....
I also have chronic pain and am only able to take Rx strength Ibuprofen which only takes the edge off the pain.
Getting old SUCKS.....
Big HUGZZZZZZZ to you my Amazing G.

PS Wylie is precious.....
I think as we get older - and I am older than dirt..... LOL we require much less sleep

Broadway Matron said...

Bon-Bon: Watch that "older than dirt" stuff - you are 2 years younger than I :) And BTW - thanks for saying all those nice things about me before. Right now I can use all the positive feed-back I can get - {{Huggs}}

Anonymous said...

Oh My Amazing G: How did I ever come up with that nickname for you..... (but you always know it's me - writing to you.)
You are usually such a positive "broad".. Wassup?? Send me an email..... or call me - I will email you my numbers.....
{{{HUGGGGZZZZZ}}}}

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.