Getting old is not for sissies,
So they say,
and they,
are right.
Unlike J. Alfred, peaches
are not a problem
yet,
but peppers
Green and hot,
onions raw,
Salami, cheese
all of these
Bring me to my
knees, and more,
find my husband
At the store.
Pepto, Maalox,
liquid chalk
All are bought,
and chewed and drunk.
Gagging, gasping,
oh, the pain
As I moan
Never again.
Amazing how a good
nights sleep
has me now on
steady feet.
What’s for lunch?
15 comments:
Sounds about right to me. I've had these kinds of days/nights.
Have a terrific day and weekend. :)
It's true and not at all fun. I can no longer eat anything with red sauce! No more pizza, lasagna. Ugh!
This is a problem I haven't experienced yet, but I'll take your word for it that it's not good...lol
Bwaaahaha! Join the elderberry club.
I have acid reflux. I hear ya!
I haven't experienced this yet but I sure hope I don't have to give up peppers!
Sandee: So not used to this aspect of getting old...
Buggys: I'm Italian, "red sauce" is mother's milk to me, this better not get to that point.
Ann: Give it time, I said it could never happen to me, I was wrong.
vanilla: No!
Dawn: Gad, to have this sort of thing on a regular basis - How do you stand it?
Oh gees, I thought it was me. I came down with reflux (GERD) a few months ago and no medicines were helping. Now I take 1/2 tsp baking soda, 2 tbls of Apple cider vinegar (from the health food store --has to have "the mother" in it--whatever that is) and mix in a half a glass of water. Do this 3 times a day and my reflux is controlled!!! NOT even kidding. It's the weirdest thing.
Sharla: These were HOT green peppers. Here's an interesting thing about peppers, my husband cannot tolerate green bell peppers but he is fine with red bell peppers - the difference? The red peppers are ripe, the green ones aren't.
Lin: Eww-yuck! the "mother" is that ugly slimy thing floating in the vinegar...I'm just hoping this is just a fluke...it was a huge sandwich even tho it was advertised as small - should have never eaten the whole damn thing.
I feel your pain!! (and I appreciate your appetite, ha ha ha!)
Good for you. Keep resisting; and if you have to go there, go kickin' and screamin'.
Hi there! I find your blog so nice and informative. Thanks a lot for enriching with great information.
Maybe that is a result of getting old, but I have been dealing with the chaulky stuff for years and years and practically every day.
Grace - I'm sorry I missed this one earlier. It sounds like you were hearing the mermaids singing each to each. . . I like the rhymes you worked into this. I wonder what it is that makes it vastly difficult for us not to eat that which is not good for us? Why is the mouth so out of sync with the stomach? Thank goodness for liquid chalk.
Koe: I didn't work the rhymes in at all - the whole thing basically sprang from brain in one piece which is why it ain't all that good LOL I can do the first 4-6 lines of a poem instantly - I just think that way - ah but then I am lost - sometimes 4 lines says it all and sometimes there is more to say but I haven't a clue how to say it. I've said before, poetry is the most difficult form to write in.
As to food - one of real tragedies of old age - the cast iron stomach becomes a delicate little flower. If there comes a time when garlic upsets my stomach I shall just lie down and die...
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.