Mar 20, 2010

Tidbits

Last night we were watching Jeopardy and the category was "Bibical Art", the question had to do with the painting "The Sacrament of the Last Supper" by Salvador Dali. This painting is in the National Gallery in Washington, DC.

And that reminded me of the time when my husband and I were standing in front of that painting, discussing it and behind us were 2 young people, 20-somethings, and the girl says "I think it has to do with something religious"

Ya think?

Anyway, my favorite British blogger has posted a new story and everyone should take a moment to go to I AM OTTER and check it out. The stories are so charming and the art just a total delight. Suspend your "grown-up", bring your "child" and enjoy. Do please find the time to real all the stories. There is a whole history there. The creator is working on putting the stories into book form and I can't wait to see it.

17 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks for sharing that link, how cute was that. I'm not sure which I liked most, the story or the artwork. Either way I think I might look for a museum and try and find a dinosaur head on a stick.

FishHawk said...

Thanks for calling my attention to this fantastic site. Be assured that it has been added to the list for a future Sites To See.

Grace said...

Ann: I do hope you can find the time to read all the stories - there is a pattern and you must learn about Kate.

FishHawk: The art work is amazing and the stories are such a delight. Otter is so real that I do "talk" to her all the time. And I am not one to indulge in that sort of thing!

Your Daily Cute said...

Something to do with religious... Ha. People are great sometimes.

And the otter site! Thanks for linking to it -- I've visited before, but it's so hard to remember all the blogs I want to visit all the time. I'm saving it now. :)

BeadedTail said...

Interesting is not always the code for strange and certainly not in your case! LOL

I enjoy eavesdropping on people in public places and hearing them say the dumbest things. It's kind of scary what people say.

Thanks for the link too!

Jennifer said...

This painting makes me think of the escalators at the National Gallery. Maybe they've moved it by now.

I'll have to check out the site.

dawn said...

"I think it has to do with something religious"

Priceless.

Grace said...

Your Daily Cute: My husband and I did laugh. If the image was not enough to give you a clue the title of the painting should have.

I do so love the little otter. New stories only come out about once a month and as you can see the art work must take quite a bit of time.

Sharla: I was only teasing. Eavesdropping is one of my favorite hobbies...

Jennifer: Actually when last I saw that painting it is was on a landing between two staircases - that was quite a while ago tho...

Dawn: A bit sad too. but at least they WERE going through the National Gallery -

Daisy said...

I love the otter! And I wish I had a dinosaur head on a stick, too.

Grace said...

Daisy: I think she is sooo sweet. And yes, it would make a great toy for kitties too, I think.

Mee2 said...

Really? It was something biblical? Haha! People are funny.

And, will you come back to my blog and say the vein thing again? It says I deleted your comment, but I didn't. And thank goodness I didn't actually write the questions. I only answered them. And it was late, late last night, so I didn't even catch the mistake.

Heather said...

I still find it amazing that some kids have no clue about religion.

I was at Otter's page as soon as I saw he had posted! Love him! I got my neice and my grandson a subscription going directly to their email accounts.

Grace said...

Mee2: Actually I deleted my own comment. I don't know you well enough to make such observations. Some errors just jump up and since I occasionally work as an editor, well, you can see what my problem is...

Heather: I'm so glad you like her and pass it along - it is soooo charming and I love, love, love the art work.

Yeah, even if you are not "religious" you should have some common knowledge about religions in general...sheesh.

Lin said...

Oh, you've got me hooked on "Otter". I love the drawings AND the stories.

Grace said...

Lin: I'm so glad - I am otter's number one fan!

Anonymous said...

Old Story:
Danny Thomas has a copy of the Last Supper hung in his home. He invites some friends and writers over to admire it. Danny Thomas is standing there looking at the painting and he muses, :I wonder what Christ is say?".
One of his writers quips, "Separate checks please.".

Danny Thomas throws him out of the house.

This story is so old, YOU told it to me!!

Love Ya!

Catherine said...

I will check this link out...great sharing it with us!
Have a wonderful day~

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.