
They are putting in the new furnace today along with a new air return and a mechanical air cleaner and some kind of fancy schmancy programmable thermostat with a probe that goes outside and will tell us the outside temperature - why we need that I have no idea, you'll have to ask my husband. They will be shutting off the electric and the gas so I don't know if I'll be on-line much today. My husband swears there is just one direct line to the furnace and the rest of the electrical lines won't be affected. We'll see.

Yesterday I had a new picture of Mr. Gaw-juss up but it didn't show his face. Some of the folks dropping by are new and have missed watching him go from new born to sturdy little man. I was planning on make a slide show and putting it in the sidebar but I can't get Photobucket to cooperate - the site just wasn't loading. But then nothing was loading yesterday so I had one of those "wave the laptop around the room" days. I could understand that happening if we had satellite, overcast cloudy days interfering with our internet connection, but we have cable!

Today is primary election day plus I believe there will be some local issues to be voted on but it is being touted as the Democratic primary and Pennsylvania has closed primary voting. Since my husband and I are registered as "unaffiliated" we can't vote in a party primary but what about the local issues that have nothing to do with the primary. I can't find any info on-line - we have to call someone. In Virginia primaries were "open" which means anyone of any party could vote in any primary - that was cool. I love to vote!

And don't you love that Blogger now has a full view "Preview" function? Now I can see how a post will really look. Yay!
Another ping-pong brain post...
12 comments:
I can't complain about politicians, as crooked as they are up this way (our entire County has just about been indicted) because I don't vote. :(
Hope your new furnace lives up to its cost. I think the temp probe outside is so the furnace doesn't run when the temp outside doesn't call for it. I know I wish somedays our heater at work did that. Seems its run by a computer somewhere else and doesn't know when we are having warmer than usual days and we roast!!
I hope you new system works correctly. I know, bigger isn't always better.
As for Mr. Gaw-juss I've been around since the beginning. He has certainly grown into that sturdy little man.
Have a terrific day. :)
Mr. Gawjuss just keeps getting gawjuss-er!
Politics here is the usual Florida mess - the current governor decided he'd rather be a senator, but he couldn't win as a Republican, so he abruptly decided to become an independent and run unaffiliated. So much for loyalty. Now EVERYBODY hates him. We have no elections of any kind locally today - not even dog catcher.
I hope all goes well with your new furnce installation!
{{{Huggiez}}},
Italiana >^..^<
I don't get very involved with political issues. I don't trust any of them. Hope the new furnace goes in without a hitch.
I'm going to have to look in to all the new blogger features.
Lisa: No the outside probe is just a techie add-on which they couldn't install, all it would do is tell us the temperature outside. I can open the door and know that! but we do have a fancy-schmancy programmable thermostat.
Sandee: Oh lordy I hope so, it didn;t come cheap!
Italiana: Thanks - but you know Murphy's Law...
Ann: I noticed the new Preview function almost by accident. The Preview button is now at the bottom of the post box and when you click it you see your whole blog! Yay! That little preview box really didn't show how your post would look. And the new "Design" function is way cool.
Why do you need to get the temp outside if you are heating the inside?? It sounds like a guy thing--something we don't need, but something we just gotta have. ;) Happy New Furnace, Grace.
We have one of those fancy schmancy thermostats since we put in a new heat pump 2 years ago. It's kind of scary how much those things know and the time on it even changes on its own at daylight savings time.
Lin: definitely - my husband is the least techie person on the planet but ooh did he sign up for that thermostat and it turns out we can't use the outside probe part Ha Ha!
Sharla: Ours will do that too as soon as someone comes to set it LOL
Yay, new furnace! I'd love to have one of those fancy programmable thermostats for the older, downstairs heater. Brian can't sleep when it's too hot and I can't get myself out of bed when it's too cold, so it would be nice to have a heater that kicked it up a few notches as soon as Brian got up, so that by the time I'm ready to crawl out of bed, I can do it comfortably.
Janiss: that is the main reason I wanted a programmable thermostat, tho not one as fancy as this.
So glad you got your new furnace.
Blogger just keeps getting better improvements.
Heather: Yes, makes us non-web designers able to have spiffy looking sites.
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.