Jul 30, 2008

Brain Dump

I call it "random thoughts" my niece calls it a "brain dump" - I kinda like that description.

For reasons that have nothing to do with her I am not as close to my niece as I would like to be - she is such a grand young woman - I would love to scoop her up and keep her super close - I would like to be able to speak with her on a regular basis. Instead I will put a comment on her blog now and then and email her on occasion. I don't want to intrude on her life or make things difficult for her, she has enough on her plate. Her father and her grandmother are relatives of mine and I long ago broke off all contact with them - they are not fond of me and the feeling is mutual.

Okay, you may say, broke off contact with family members - how awful. But not when those relationships are toxic beyond all common sense. Years and years ago my shrink told me to stop associating with my niece's grandmother - I told him I couldn't do that and for 10 more years I subjected myself to her abuse. Yes, it took me until the age of 48 to finally say "Enough". I ended contact with her father close to 30 years ago - my last contact with him was a very weird IM conversation several years ago when I told him to stop harassing my brother. It worked tho - so I was happy to endure that last bit of insanity for my brother's sake. I am my father's daughter. I think there are certain members of my "family" who are a little afraid of me. Good!

It's early in the day but "I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep" so off I go to do and get done.

3 comments:

Sandee (Comedy +) said...

Toxic people I can't abide either. The pain and turmoil they cause are not worth it. Family or not, it just isn't worth it. Have a great day. Big hug. :)

LaTease "Teasas Tips" said...

"Toxic People"--good term, I'll have to use that one day. I too, have had to break off relationships with toxic people in my family and for the same reasons, verbal abuse.

My mother and blood sister are just ugly people. When my son died, they made it their business to tell everyone who came by that I was gay. In an attempt to get people to turn against me. It didn't work though...hahahha--jokes on them.

I'll be stopping by more often.

Broadway Matron said...

Sandee: "Toxic people" "emotional vampires" - nice ways to describe miserable people.

And big hugs to you :)

Teasa: My sincere sympathy for the loss of your son - that's a time when you need all the support you can get, I hope there were others in your life who were loving.

I'm glad you stopped by

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.